Shadow's Edge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow's Edge Forums

Where some desire justice, we seek vengeance. Where some grant mercy, we deliver retribution. Where some enjoy fame, we maintain anonymity. We are the hand of fate. We are the prophet of destiny. We are the Shadow's Edge.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Do you like the new website?
Yes - I think it is awesome!
So what happened? Vote_lcap13%So what happened? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yep - It is pretty good
So what happened? Vote_lcap63%So what happened? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Yeah - It is ok
So what happened? Vote_lcap25%So what happened? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Eh - It is not that great
So what happened? Vote_lcap0%So what happened? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope - It is pretty lame
 0% [ 0 ]
No - It could use an overhaul
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
Affiliates
The Old Republic

Infinite Aion

Champions Online Free Forums

Allods Online

Guild Wars 2

So what happened?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supercollider
Apprentice

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm

So what happened?

Guild seems to have decimated and Boss is in charge?

Confused.
Back to top Go down
Towershield
Inductee
Towershield

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 am

I'm with Collider on this one. I take a break for a bit and when I come back I find my character has been removed from the guild.

An explanation would work wonders right now.
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Activist

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 pm

I just logged in to find that I am now Guild Master.
Seems Boss promoted me before gquiting.
Don't know if someone spoke to him or if he just had the foresight to pass the title on before leaving.

As I put in the guild description, I'll stay to turn off the lights and make sure no animals are caught inside.
Back to top Go down
Supercollider
Apprentice

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 pm

melkathi wrote:
I just logged in to find that I am now Guild Master.
Seems Boss promoted me before gquiting.
Don't know if someone spoke to him or if he just had the foresight to pass the title on before leaving.

As I put in the guild description, I'll stay to turn off the lights and make sure no animals are caught inside.
I'll be out just before you then, switching off the heating.
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Admin
Kieran

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Due to my own inexperienced and unfocused leadership, I allowed the guild to be pretty much taken over and run by a group of level 50s. They set the pace for the guild and began to dictate the path the guild would take, but when they had trouble with one of their own, they gquit.

By this point, the guild had taken on a reputation within the server for actions and stuff that I had not actually backed, supported, or participated in. Moreover, with the loss of over 10 players as a result of them quitting, people began to ask what the guild me what the guild had done to cause such a fracture.

Facing this stigma and a reputation not of our own, I decided that it would be better to start anew without any of the problems associated with the old guild.

I welcome everyone interested to PM me on either Kieran, Jac, or Alan - I would be more than happy to take you into the new guild, called Zephyr.
Back to top Go down
https://shadows-edge.forumotion.com
Supercollider
Apprentice

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Kieran wrote:
Due to my own inexperienced and unfocused leadership, I allowed the guild to be pretty much taken over and run by a group of level 50s. They set the pace for the guild and began to dictate the path the guild would take, but when they had trouble with one of their own, they gquit.

By this point, the guild had taken on a reputation within the server for actions and stuff that I had not actually backed, supported, or participated in. Moreover, with the loss of over 10 players as a result of them quitting, people began to ask what the guild me what the guild had done to cause such a fracture.

Facing this stigma and a reputation not of our own, I decided that it would be better to start anew without any of the problems associated with the old guild.

I welcome everyone interested to PM me on either Kieran, Jac, or Alan - I would be more than happy to take you into the new guild, called Zephyr.
Thanks for commenting here Kieran.

I'm gonna reply like an open letter as I'm gonna feed this back to the CO freeforums SWTOR thread as many there won;t see this here.

I guess my real issue is that everyone left in the guild you started and quit from didn't have a clue what was going on until they'd been on that night. They don't need to know what happened but hey they didn't know anythign other than you'd guild quit and left a mess behind you. You didn't leave anyone in charge to 'caretake' the guild and shepherd the other players to a new one or leave any messages to explain where you had gone. The guild message ahd reset to 'visit guild launch page' all ranks bar Boss's were blasted back to noob.

You left us all in the dark and confused and it honestly felt that you'd ragequit the guild and completely trashed the place on the way out.

Even if that was all an error and something you intended to sort but missed I would have hoped that you would have left a message somewhere like here so we'd know or that maybe you'd mail me or whatever but no, it's fallen to Melkathi to do the right thing and hang about informing people one by one in guild chat. (which he's been doing a sterling job at despite the difficulties). However the sole reason guild leader has fortunately fallen to him is that all the players who are higher level than him have left. There are still 21 characters in this guild and at least he's managed to get the message out there.

I disbanded my guild to help get yours off the ground for launch so, hopefully, we could all have a great start to the game and we could help each other but when it's hit the fan and I could have helped you either fix it and ride it out or make an orderly exit the first I hear about it from you is some 3 days later after you guild quit. To be politely, I'm feeling a little let down.

So I really wish you well with Zephyr but I won't be joining you.
I like you but I'm no longer comfortable with you as a leader, you'd make a fine oficer in someone else's guild but the level of concern you have shown for your fellow guildies leaves a lot to be desired and that's too important for me to overlook.

So I'm going to speak with Melkathi and see if there's anyway to salvage Shadow's Edge, rename it or failing that let it die with dignity. I suspect I'll be restarting some form of 'champions' (and friends) guild at some point (or converting Shadow's Edge to one) in the not too distant future and I hope to be able to let folks know more about that in the next 5 days or so.

In the meantime I have created a open chat channel on Republic Space Slug called 'Champions' (just like Dardove's one on imperial Space Slug) and I'd recommend all us champions refugees use that to speak to each other and team together as frankly, until they update guilds in SWTOR it's just a name badge and guild chat anyway. That goes to you too Keiran.

I'll look for any replies for a while but I suspect this is the last time I'll be posting here.
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Admin
Kieran

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I sent out mails to as many members as I could, but I suspect some anti-spamming programs prevented me from fully doing that, as some sent without trouble and some I had to send multiple times. I tried to initiate the transition when as many people as possible were online at one time, but that ended up not being enough.

I messed up big time, but I've learned much: such haste, carelessness, and oversight will not occur again. I'm AFROTC - within AFROTC, we are taught that one mistake will be let off with a warning, as it is understood that the issue will never occur again or sever consequences will follow. As a result, one of my strengths is my ability and willingness to analyze my behavior and not make the same mistake twice.

That being said, I can understand where you're coming from. If you should choose to split off, then I will not hold that against you - in fact, due to my error, I would say such an action is your right. But I just wanted to let you know that you're always welcome in the guild with me and my friends.

With Zephyr, I will be taking in everything I have learned (about players, about drama, about responsibility, about focus, and about direction) and I will be doing my best to make a guild that not only is fun, but inspires strong bonds of trust with its members. This is my vision, and now that I've learned the hard way, I will be upholding it to the best of my ability.
Back to top Go down
Supercollider
Apprentice

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm

That's cool, people do make mistakes and sadly sometimes some folks can end up a bit burned by them, no lasting damage just a bit wary now

I kinda forget to add to my previous post that hey everyone's gotta learn somewhere and you certainely have enthusiasm and that's the bit that can't be taught. Recognising mistakes is good sign in a leader too. Get some rules for the guild written and clear for all members (CO SECRET's rules might be a good guide) make sure the vision and ethics are plain for all to see, then get some good officers around you and when/if you hit issues take your time making decisions and get advice from as many of your officers as you can. Also when the time comes don't be afraid to kick members who break those guild rules, just make sure they know which rule(s) they broke before you kick them. I have little doubt you'll become a fine Guild Leader in time.

I really hope we can mission up sometime still and I may drop an alt your way in the future and should you wish I'd gladly welcome any of your alts with me too.

Now as regards Shadow's Edge goes Melkathi's passed guild leadership on to me and I'll contact CS and see about a name change, kinda liking 'shadow remnant' at the moment so we'll see what they say and take it from there.
Back to top Go down
melkathi
Activist

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I prefer the plural, 'collide: Remnants

That said,
I was going to delete my account on this forum after this post but there seems to be no option to do so.
It may not truly have occured to some people, but I actually bought the game to play the game. So as planned, I'll stick in the guild until I am satisfied that people are settled the way they want to be but would be extremly gratefull if everyone else just respected the fact that sometimes when I say that I am not interested in talking about a subject, I may just actually mean it.
Back to top Go down
Towershield
Inductee
Towershield

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 am

I find it hard to believe that in the very short time the guild has been together that it's developed a reputation at all, much less an undesirable one, because of a handful of "hardcore" players.

Instability and volatility caused by the rabble would have been a better excuse.
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Admin
Kieran

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 pm

That's the thing though - when the game is just beginning, everyone can see each other clearly. Thus, a few guilds emerged as having a rep - us, Errant Venture, Jek Porkins, Premonition, Now This Is Podracing, The Lonestarr Legacy, That's No Moon - there are a couple more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. This rep is mostly in pvp, but we also had a good name in pve - our members would be consistently invited to raids and flashpoints by upper tier guilds due to our rep. I myself would receive (before I started turning them down due to school conflicts) 1-2 HM flashpoint offers (and about 1 op offer) a day with people I had never met before due to the efforts I and the 50s put forth to give us good standing.

However, this was also gained by playing almost literally 16 hours a day throughout all winter break, and now that I've gained some sensibility, I cannot and will not uphold anything close to that level of gameplay. So restarting with Zehpyr will not only be nice because I can avoid anything associated with the 50s, but also because now I can start a new rep - one of just helping and focusing on my guild. Frankly, I was spending too much time with strangers before; from now on, I just wanna spend my time in game with those who matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So what happened? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what happened?   So what happened? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what happened?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow's Edge Forums :: General :: The Old Republic-
Jump to: