Shadow's Edge Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow's Edge Forums

Where some desire justice, we seek vengeance. Where some grant mercy, we deliver retribution. Where some enjoy fame, we maintain anonymity. We are the hand of fate. We are the prophet of destiny. We are the Shadow's Edge.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Do you like the new website?
Yes - I think it is awesome!
The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_lcap13%The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Yep - It is pretty good
The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_lcap63%The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Yeah - It is ok
The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_lcap25%The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Eh - It is not that great
The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_lcap0%The Nature of Shadow's Edge Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nope - It is pretty lame
 0% [ 0 ]
No - It could use an overhaul
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
Affiliates
The Old Republic

Infinite Aion

Champions Online Free Forums

Allods Online

Guild Wars 2

The Nature of Shadow's Edge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kieran
Admin
Kieran

The Nature of Shadow's Edge Empty
PostSubject: The Nature of Shadow's Edge   The Nature of Shadow's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:38 pm

This was the original message I first posted to the Champions Online Free Forums - it kinda explains the rationale behind the formation of the Shadow's Edge guild. Let me know what you think! Very Happy

I’m looking to create a new supergroup that addresses a problem I’ve perceived concerning MMORPGs in general. While I love trying out new games, one thing I always dislike is trying to find new friends within each and every game. I mean, I’m all up for meeting new people, but having to start all my social connections over every time I try a new game becomes tiring for me. This also bothers me because once I have different friends in different games, I feel bad about playing one game more than another because I feel like I’m ignoring some of my friends.

So what I’m trying to do is create a universal guild called Shadow’s Edge (SE). This guild would operate in numerous games and would provide a steady basis of friends to have in multiple games. To this end, I have created a TeamSpeak 3 server with a main chat lobby and multiple game lobbies. This would allow someone to log into the TS3 channel, check to see who is online, and then make gaming decisions based off of that. For example, *Fred* could login and see that *Bob* is online in the Champions Online chat lobby, so *Fred* could either decide to join *Bob*, or he could decide to just play a different game. But either way, both could move to the main lobby so that they are able to hang out together, even though they are playing different games. It is good to note that members aren't required to play different games - exactly the opposite: this guild is designed to help members play whatever they want whenever they want.

While I am the type of gamer who prefers a small and close guild community, I certainly won’t limit the number of members in Shadow’s Edge. This guild would be primarily PVE-based, as that is what I am most familiar with, but it would definitely be open for PVP – if someone savvy with PVP joined the guild, I would certainly not mind making him/her the PVP Chair to handle that side of gameplay. The only requirements of being in Shadow’s Edge would be civil behavior and fairly regular activity – I’m a college student and a member of Air Force ROTC, so I totally empathize with jam-packed schedules. There is no skill requirement for joining Shadow’s Edge – players of all skill levels and gaming experience(s) are warmly welcomed. Even if you do not feel you’re good at a certain game, please feel free to join and participate – Shadow’s Edge will also be more than willing to help show new players the ropes.

Currently, I have chat lobbies for Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 (for when the game launches), The Old Republic (also for launch), Champions Online, AionInfinite (a massive private and free server for Aion), World of Warcraft (I don’t play anymore due to financial constraints, but I know many people do – and I’m also currently on the lookout for a nice, stable, and complete free and private server), Minecraft (if someone has a good computer and the willingness to host a server, I would love to have an SE Minecraft server), Anarchy Online, City of Heroes/Villains, and Allods Online. As the guild might grow or expand to more games, I would establish Chief Officers to co-lead in the games I do not have time nor computer specs (though I’m gonna be buying a new system soon, so I’m psyched!) to play.

As of now, this guild is mostly conceptual – I have established it in The Old Republic guild system and Guild Wars (“Shadows Edge” is already taken, so I've named it "Edge of Shadow" instead), and once I have enough people in Champions Online, I’ll make the Shadow’s Edge supergroup. As for the other MMORPGs, as soon as I can make the guild in those games, I will do so.

TLDNR: I’m making Shadow’s Edge a guild across multiple games for the purpose of socializing regardless of game-preferences. Being civil and being fairly active are the only requirements, and all players are welcome regardless of skill level or experience.

So yeah, if you’re interested in helping me found this guild or simply in joining up, please feel free to PM me on these forums or post in this thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://shadows-edge.forumotion.com

The Nature of Shadow's Edge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow's Edge Forums :: General :: Shadow's Edge Information-
Jump to: